Saturday, August 24, 2013

Feeling Froggy (Day 7 of 20)

I decided yesterday that the disappointing weigh-in would not make me go backwards. This time around, setbacks = motivation. I don't want to live on excuses for the rest of my life. I mean if I let one little disappointment own my life, then I might as well quit all together. So I've decided that I really need to be in this. I've a little lax when it comes to my food. I've been concentrating on just not overeating, but I really need to think about WHAT I am eating more. That's not to say I've been eating tons of unhealthy stuff, but I can be doing better.

I just got done with Diamond Cutter AND Red Hot Core (RHC). Did I mention I was feeling froggy? To be honest I forgot how long Diamond Cutter was until I was already five minutes into the program. I forgot that I used to only do half of the workout. Not anymore. I mean I had to modify here and there and I took more frequent water breaks, but I did it. I even thought about only doing half or not doing RHC after, but since I wrote down that I was going to do it, I decided that I needed to follow through. Super tired and feeling good. Kind of proud of myself. Will love the day that I will be able to do all of these without modifying. That day I will be super glad that I did everything that I did today. Although, to be honest, I already am glad.

Ah yes, so I've decided to be more proactive about what I eat. I wrote down yesterday what I was going to eat today. I won't do that all the time, because it's not always possible for me to know what I'm going to eat the next day. For the next couple of days though I am going to try and keep it up. I didn't get up in time to eat breakfast and decided not to squeeze it in. If I want breakfast, I need to get up for it. Lunch was good and I only ate what I said I was, so that's good. Dinner was half a plate of corn and a little rice and I reheated 2 kabob sticks that we had for dinner yesterday that I saute with Spicy Chili Sauce. Was super delicious. I'll include a pic of the kabobs with a sort of recipe although with kabobs it's mostly just assembly ; ) Oh the other thing I need to work on is giving up alcohol for awhile to help with weight loss. I don't drink a lot or often, but when I'm in a mood for it I can drink a little bit and I don't want it to affect my weight loss. Till tomorrow!

Vegetarian Kabobs

You'll need:
Skewers
1 package of Gardein Beefless Tips
1 Green Pepper
2 Small onions
Optional: 1 cored pineapple
Optional: Marinade

Firstly, make sure you SOAK the skewers for about 2 hours, otherwise they'll start to smoke and whatnot on the grill.

While they are soaking you can prepare the rest ahead of time. Cut your green pepper into one inch pieces. Then cut your onion into wedges. If you are going to put on pineapple (grilled pineapple is delicious) then core and cut your pineapple into 1 inch pieces as well. Or you can just buy them in chunks at the store.

As it gets closer to cook, about 30 minutes, if you want to marinade your beefless tips, go ahead and do that. This time we used Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade. Whether you do or not, you need to take your beefless tips from the freezer to thaw some. They are still quite frozen when I skewer them, so it may take some elbow grease. You can try to thaw them a little more than we do.

After everything is ready to go, grab your skewer and assemble away! As you are done, you can also drizzle a little more marinade over the skewer if you want.

Skewers before grilling!
Then grill them about 10 minutes or until they are done. We usually grill them after grilling everything else first (my meatless stuff have a special spot on the grill) so the grill is already nice and hot. Then serve and enjoy!

These also make great leftovers. I usually reheat them in a skillet with a little spray and then add some spicy chili sauce and eat with rice, like I did today. Although I'm not eating as much rice as I would before. That's a great thing about filling my plate half with veggies, I have less room for the other stuff!

____________________________
Day 1 (8/18/13): Fat Burner
Day 2 (8/19/13): Energy
Day 3 (8/20/13): Red Hot Core (and volleyball!)
Day 4 (8/21/13): Energy
Day 5 (8/22/13): Energy + Red Hot Core (and burpees + treadmill)
Day 6 (8/23/13): Red Hot Core
Day 7 (8/24/13): Diamond Cutter + Red Hot Core

6 comments:

  1. Wow...you're completely killin it! Diamond Cutter + RHC? You are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! Seriously though, I really thought I had taken too big of a bite, I had forgotten it was that long, but I ended up doing it. I guess I really am determined. I think it helps me to actually write it down on paper with ink. I can't easily backspace that you know?

      Delete
  2. Oh and those kabobs look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! A lot of people when i tell them I am a vegetarian think I live off of salads... how wrong they are! Seriously good and very good leftovers. I hate leftovers, but these are just as good reheated to me!

      Delete
  3. You are so awesome! This is definitely the way to look at things. Setbacks = Motivation. New motto! You rock! I'm getting ready to get my workout in for today and you totally motivated me! THX. And those vegetarian kabobs look so delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! That's awesome about getting your workout in and the kabobs are so good!

      Delete