Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 5 of 20



That's 1/4 the way through! I like the way that sounds. I've been in the mood to do a serious workout and after my meh day yesterday, I decided today would be a great day to do one since weigh-in is tomorrow morning!

I woke up around 11:30 a.m., which is great for me. I need to be going to sleep a little earlier than 1 a.m. though if I want to get up sooner. To be honest I could have slept more, but knowing that I really wanted to get a workout in, I made myself get up.

I kept putting off of doing my workout though each hour. Have I ever mentioned that I am the Queen of ProcrastiNation? Well I am and it was probably around 4 something when I finally got my DDPYoga in. I did Energy AND Red Hot Core. That felt good although my legs felt like they weren't going to make it through. I must be engaging more than I thought!

I took about 10 minutes to rest and get a little more water in and then I put my shoes on, grabbed my water and iPod, and headed downstairs. I decided to do Burpees and walk on the treadmill. For those who aren't familiar with Burpees, the following pic kind of explains it (click to enlarge):
Start standing, then squat and jump feet back to do a pushup, jump feet back near hands, then stand up into a jump. Rinse and Repeat : )
I do descending sets from 10. So I do 10 and then 9, then 8, so on and so forth. In between I catch my breath, but this time I decided while I was catching my breath I would keep the workout goingby doing 5 minutes in between sets on the treadmill (I literally almost put microwave instead of treadmill...). On the treadmill alone I spent 50 minutes... then with the burpees in between and the yoga today.... oh yeah I got a workout.

Let me tell you.... this will probably be my go-to workout when I seriously want a good hard workout that gets me sweating and gets all my pent up energy out. I can't do it everyday or even every other day, but every week maybe I might do this. It just really felt good. Usually I'm fine with just doing DDPYoga, but I was just feeling so meh like I wasn't doing enough. Well, not anymore! Seriously tired from it, so I should be able to go to sleep sooner and better than yesterday.

Oh and I didn't overeat really at all. I am about to eat a little ice cream though, so hopefully I don't go nuts on that, but honestly I am not about to mess up what I did today and tomorrow is weigh in so I think I'll be able to control it.

Until tomorrow!

____________________________
Day 1 (8/18/13): Fat Burner
Day 2 (8/19/13): Energy
Day 3 (8/20/13): Red Hot Core (and volleyball!)
Day 4 (8/22/13): Energy
Day 5 (8/23/13): Energy + Red Hot Core (and burpees + treadmill)

1 comment: