Saturday, August 10, 2013

Discomfort and Sleepiness

Did Energy again today. Felt it was safe to do since it's not too strenuous and not too long. Still experiencing discomfort in left chest and arm. Probably need to see someone about it. I know I am young, but being unhealthy for so many years and having heart issues run in family, it might be something to worry about. Which is why I am afraid to go of course. I'm just having a hard time explaining this away with anxiety or hormones. I think I might talk to my mom tomorrow and if I am no better then see where I can go in.

Also, I think I've screwed up my sleep schedule again. I had woken up around 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and ate and sat at the computer for the bit and around 6:45 managed to lay back down and go to sleep. Couldn't get up again until around 12. Got up and ate a sandwich and while everyone went to town I did yoga. Not too sure what time it was when I went and laid down in my mom's room. Just remember waking up after 5pm. Then I walked into my room and went to sleep in my bed. Why? I don't really know. I just woke up again around 11:30 pm I wanted to go back to sleep because I really didn't want to mess up my schedule. But I had only that one sandwich to eat. Still haven't eaten. I'm having issues with my appetite and what to eat. So I'm going to eat and then hopefully lay back down in the next couple of hours to see if I can't sleep a little more. It's doubtful because I pretty much slept all day.

I had wanted to post something different early and almost did, but I always stop myself from posting. Guess I will post this one though.


4 comments:

  1. Can I offer a couple pieces of advice? Things I learned from doing lots of research on my own health over the last couple years. Computer light is very stimulating to the brain. You might want to download f. lux here: http://justgetflux.com/. This software removes the blue (stimulating) light from your computer so it doesn't contribute to insomnia by stimulating your brain before bed. Also, it's best to avoid eating in the 3-4 hours before bedtime - eating interferes with the body's production of melatonin (the sleep hormone). You could make a rule that you'll be done eating for the night at 7PM or 7:30. Alternately you could take melatonin supplements (take one right before bed). It's pretty harmless and helps if you're having trouble falling asleep. It's going to take some time to turn your schedule around, but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always open to advice : ) I checked out the thing you gave to link to. It looks interesting, though I don't like to download too many things, so I might pass for now. I should probably just start trying to stop using the computer at a certain time. I try with the eating, but if I get hungry I have to eat a little something. I was reading about melatonin and it's a possibility, but I think I would wait until I see a doctor to ask about that. And at this point I don't know when that is going to be. Thanks for hanging in there with me : )

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense - I just want you to know you have options. :) You're doing great. This is all the process that just has to happen to get you back on track. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete