Sunday, July 21, 2013

Road Blocks

I love photography. I always have. I'm also very strange. I always have been. My two favorite things to take pictures of (other than my cat Mia of course) are clouds and road construction. Clouds are a normal thing I suppose, but I know you don't normally get your kicks by taking pictures of road construction. Don't believe me?:



What does all of this have to do with my journey? Other than being a part of me and, by proxy, a part of this journey.... I'm starting to build what I once took pictures of:  road blocks.


  • I need to eat better: <insert road block 1>
  • I need to get up and do DDPYoga: <insert road block 2>
  • I need to keep in contact with those that support me and and know and believe in what I'm trying to do: <insert road block 3>


</insertion of road blocks>

I'm done. I just want to take pictures of them; I don't want to build them. From now on I want to take pictures of them and know what I accomplished. I want them to be a symbol for me and not a hindrance. I need to develop some serious willpower as I have finally discovered and admitted to myself that I lack in that department.

Time to get up and go.

I CAN.

2 comments:

  1. Acknowledging the problem is a huge step! On Facebook the other day DDP posted a quote that I really liked: "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you not stop" - Confucious. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister...where you at? Come out and reconnect. There's support for you here. It's not how many times you fall...it's how many times you get up that count.

    ReplyDelete