Friday, September 13, 2013

Goodbye to the few

No no! I'm not going anywhere. I lost 1.6 lbs this week, so i was just saying goodbye to those horrid little bastards. I realized after typing the title, those few who actually read this may think I've decided to say goodbye to the ole blogging life. Unfortunately for y'all, I'm not going anywhere. I may not type as much since I finished my 20 day challenge, but I got a lot more to do and a lot more to say.

I haven't exercised since Friday, which was the last day of my 20-day challenge. So, it begs the question, how? I have no clue other than I have been eating pretty well since Tuesday anyway. I mean I did alright the days before that too, but it was my brother's birthday on Monday and I had a little piece of cake and I don't know what was in it but everyone was so tired afterward. My brother went to bed immediately and I was only an hour or so behind him. I went to sleep probably around 6 or 7 and I woke up at 1 am. I was super thirsty, my throat is so dry these days when I wake up. I grabbed a bottle of water, took a couple of sips, and went to the bathroom. By the time I was done in there I was suddenly extremely hungry and I felt a little shaky and more than a little anxious. I ate a roll leftover from dinner, but that didn't seem to help. Started on another roll and looked up the symptoms on the internet. Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar is what stared back at me. Need sugar, it said. We had one banana left, so I ate that. Started to feel better pretty soon after. After about another 2 or 3 hours, I laid back down and went to sleep. It wasn't good sleep, it hasn't been good since either. Scary. The next two days.... well to be honest I'm still worried about it, but those two days directly after were anxiety ridden.

Needless to say, that was the last straw for me. I finally have broken down and set up a physical at the doctors. Don't want to and terrified (as usual). I know that this anxiety/panic stuff has turned me into a little hypochondriac (to be honest I think I may have had the tendency since I was a kid, but have never said anything), but at some point reality sets in and you can't explain away every symptom with stress. I know something is wrong, I'm just hoping it's something I can manage and clear up with what I've been trying to do. Worse case scenario: it's something not so easy to fix. Not that eating right and exercising after a lifetime of not is easy. It's just that in the end, all it takes is me getting up and doing, instead of sitting and not. I can do this. I can and I will. I just don't want my body to give up on me. I've never gave up on it... I just haven't been very nice to it. I repent! Just be okay.... please. See? I even ask nicely.

So on the 26th you'll find me at the doc's, sweating buckets and trying not to have a fit. After that.... hopefully filling a prescription or following doc's orders for diet and exercise. 

Don't mean to be a Debby Downer or morbid or worry anybody. I'm really okay right now. I just want to be okay for more than just now. I want to feel healthy for once, instead of afraid and iffy all the time. I know I'm not the only one either.

So here's to our health! It's what's we are all working for anyway.


1 comment:

  1. I find hits of protein very helpful and stabilizing when I'm hungry: nuts, peanut or almond butter, hard boiled egg. Also healthy, plant-based fats like avocados and coconut (dried shredded is great in hot cereal or mixed with nuts and dried fruit).

    ReplyDelete